Thursday, December 2, 2010

CASE Study Challenge #17

Happy Friday eve, and welcome to our brand new challenge! I can not for the life of me keep up with the time running so quickly... can you believe it's only 3 weeks until Christmas?!!
We're hoping that in the madness of Holiday preparations you will find the time to join in our challenges - especially that our new Muse's exquisite style is sure to evoke a joy of the festive season in all of you!
Let me introduce you to the ever-fabulous Nina Brackett!!



I'm Nina Brackett, a blessed wife to a wonderful man and mom to 3 sweet girls. I'm a Filipino-American who currently calls Croatia my home. My husband works as a Bible professor here in the last 12 years. I've been paper crafting since Art class in kindergarten, but more seriously and professionally since Spring 2009 when I started my craft blog, Crafting in Croatia. I'm a stamp illustrator for Gina K Designs and a product designer for Spellbinder Paper Arts. I am thankful to have been published in several Craft magazines and be a part of the design team of a couple paper craft manufacturers. I love making and giving away handmade cards and other paper crafted projects. I also teach a card class regularly as a way to reach out to women in our small town in Croatia. My craft style has evolved over the years, but my current one seems to lean more towards the shabby and vintage. I want to thank the CASE Study team for asking me to join them this month. What a great honor. Thank you."

What an honour to have you with us, Nina!
If you haven't yet stocked up on your Holiday projects and cards, now it's the time! Feel inspired by this vintage beauty by our dear Muse...

Photobucket

If you thought that it's the end of good news for today, well... you're wrong!
Firstly I've got to share the not so joyful news - Teneale is taking a few week's break so we won't get to see her projects for a while, but she'll be more than pleased if you stop by her blog to say hello!
Do not fret, though, as we're proud and happy to introduce you to our tenth and final DT member - Cristina Kowalczyk!
We're sure that you'll fall in love with Cristina's unique, clean and bold style, just as we did.

Photobucket

I'm married to my college sweetheart and am a mother to the best three-year-old girl in the world. Although I've lived all over Delaware, Indiana, Virginia, Florida, Texas, and Iowa, I've been happily settled in the western suburbs of Chicago for the past four years. I've always loved all things paper-related (I still remember finding a tiny square envelope on my grandmother's dresser as a girl and coveting it!) but in the last year I started stamping in earnest and now it's a fixture in my life. I squeeze in any crafty time I can alongside the other love in my life - writing. I've written two books - a novel called THE WORLD IN HALF and a short story collection called COME TOGETHER, FALL APART, and just finished a third. This is my first design team appointment, and I'm so, so excited to be a part of it!

So, how's that for beginning the festive month with style? Pretty cool, huh?? :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what our fabulous Design Team came up with:

Nina Brackett - December Muse






Andrea Ewen



Cristina Kowalczyk



Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)



Jean Martin



Julie Smith



Lenet Mos



Melyssa Connolly



Sue Kohler



-------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's returning sponsor is Christina Franco, an Independent Demonstrator for The Angel Company:

Photobucket

Chris is giving out this fabulous Found Joy unmounted rubber stamp set to one lucky participant!



-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now all you have to do is play with us!

Here are the deets:
1. Create a paper crafting project (card, layout, off-the-page item), based on provided inspiration (being a featured creation, made by our Muse).
2. Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code CSC17), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below. Please provide a direct link to your post, not an entire blog.
3. A new challenge is being posted every Thursday at 12.01 AM EST, and you've got until the end of Tuesday to submit your entry.
4. You may enter as many times as you like, but you're asked to provide a newly designed project.
5. We will choose one winner randomly from the list of players, who will receive the prize provided by the sponsor. In addition, the authors of the four most impressive creations will be awarded the Winner and Top 3 awards.
We will announce the winners on Wednesday.
6. Above all, have fun - and be inspired!

Happy creating!
The CASE Study Design Team


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mix of vintage/ modern - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspiration from Nina! Looking forward to a WHOLE MONTH from her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nina is wonderful!!
    and the dt's cards are simply smashing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous work by the DT. I love the eclectic styles and your unique creative touch on your cards. Thank you for making my day today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina is sooooo super talented and I LOVED all of the DT samples!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful samples--love nina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time playing a Case Study challenge, but when I saw that Nina was your muse this month, I just had to play along! Nina is such a talented artist and I love her style! Thanks for the chance to play along! The DT samples are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I love Nina's work...how fun to be sponsoring the CASE study blog this week! Good luck everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the fantastic challenges week after week - absolute eye candy from the muse and the design team! Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted to play since you started this challenge! SOOOOOOOOOOO excited that I had a chance to join in the fun--and bonus CASE-ing NINA!! LOVE her!! Thanks for the fun:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!