Thursday, October 7, 2010

CASE Study Challenge #9

Happy Thursday, peeps!! Here we are, at the beginning of another month of challenges. I can't believe it's been two months already!?
We would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Mariana Grigsby for being oursuch a fabulous Muse for September! I'm sure you all enjoyed last month as much as we did :) You rock, chica!

Today we would like to introduce you to our Muse for October. Ladies and gents, here's the ultra-talented Barbara Anders!!



Here's what Barbara has to say in her own words:

I live in South Central Virginia, right on the North Carolina line, in Martinsville (think NASCAR) with my husband and best friend, John, and our nine (yes, 9) rescue cats. I'm a registered nurse, currently working as a nurse manager for a home health agency, but I'm hoping to retire soon. I've always been a crafter & I can't remember not either doing some sort of needlework or craft, even as a child, and was inspired by both of my parents to be creative with my hands. I also love to garden and that's why I need to retire -I don't have enough time now to do all the fun things I want to do.

I got into stamping in a round-about way. I started a small scrapbook about five years ago for an annual event we hosted and never expected to go much further with it. But while looking online for inspiration for layouts, I ran across blogs with cards and other paper crafts. I've never done that and it looked like fun so I bought some stamps and supplies at a craft store and made some simple cards. Then I found a Stampin' Up demonstrator who taught me a lot and the rest, as they say, is history! I was totally hooked. I found Splitcoast Stampers and studied all the galleries, learning from every card I saw and never looked back.

I'm so honored to be CASE Study's Muse for October. Thank you! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Welcome, Barbara - we're thrilled have you!!
Here's the magnificent card, that we chose to work with this week:



It's a simple yet stunning CAS design, and we're sure that it will get your creative juices flowing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's time for some goodness from our fabulous Design Team:

Barbara Anders - October Muse






Andrea Ewen



Carole Kisch



Cindy Lee
(Cindy is taking a break this week)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)



Lenet Mos



Sue Kohler
Sue prepared TWO magnificent cards for us!!!





Teneale Williams



-------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's sponsor is Christina Franco, an Independent Demonstrator for The Angel Company

Photobucket

Chris is giving out this fabulous Floral Fruits unmounted rubber stamp set to one lucky participant!


-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now all you have to do is play with us!

Here are the deets:
1. Create a paper crafting project (card, layout, off-the-page item), based on provided inspiration (being a featured creation, made by our Muse).
2. Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code CSC09), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below. Please provide a direct link to your post, not an entire blog.
3. A new challenge is being posted every Thursday at 12.01 AM EST, and you've got until the end of Tuesday to submit your entry.
4. You may enter as many times as you like, but you're asked to provide a newly designed project.
5. We will choose one winner randomly from the list of players, who will receive the prize provided by the sponsor. In addition, the authors of the four most impressive creations will be awarded the Winner and Top 3 awards.
We will announce the winners on Wednesday.
6. Above all, have fun - and be inspired!

Happy creating!
The CASE Study Design Team


19 comments:

  1. Great muse, great great cards. Fabulous! Not sure I will get chance to take part this week - honestly do children really need a weeks holiday off school! But will lurk in the background when I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE BARBARA!!!! I'm SO in on this one!!!! :)

    kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome!! Another super talented stamper to case! LOVE ya, Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and gorgeous examples by the team! This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so super excited to be here! What gorgeous cards the team has brought--they're all just fabulous! Can't wait to see what everyone else does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am glad i found this blog!! I loved the DT cards and happy i could play along!!
    Hugs
    Karuna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to email you and ask you if you are accepting sponors for your Challenges, but I cannot find an email address.
    Please email me at myinkiefingers@live.com if you are interested in what I have to offer =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving this! Have some ideas percolating! :0) Beautiful, ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Barbara! SO nice to see you here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, all the DT projects are great and I love the challenge card too, it definately inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the inspiration, I LOVE all the cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your Muse designers and challenges! The inspiration I find here is wonderful...so much fun to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Barbara!!!! I just love her cards!! And DT......y'all rocked the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Barbara! Beautiful cards all!!! Love the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful cards! TFS all that talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbara's work is always wonderful and so is your DTs'!! I love all the samples and even though my card is not crisp and clean like most of the samples, I wanted to play along and took inspiration from Barbara's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I DID IT!!!! I GOT TIME TO PLAY, it's after Mid Night but I HAD To give my whole hearted shout out to Barbara!!!! Luv ya Girlie! :)

    kj

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card with wonderful takes by the DT! And what a fabulous response from such talented cardmakers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for posting a fun challenge with such pretty inspiration. I love Barbara's card. The flower. The sweet little button. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!