We would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Mariana Grigsby for being oursuch a fabulous Muse for September! I'm sure you all enjoyed last month as much as we did :) You rock, chica!
Today we would like to introduce you to our Muse for October. Ladies and gents, here's the ultra-talented Barbara Anders!!
Here's what Barbara has to say in her own words:
I live in South Central Virginia, right on the North Carolina line, in Martinsville (think NASCAR) with my husband and best friend, John, and our nine (yes, 9) rescue cats. I'm a registered nurse, currently working as a nurse manager for a home health agency, but I'm hoping to retire soon. I've always been a crafter & I can't remember not either doing some sort of needlework or craft, even as a child, and was inspired by both of my parents to be creative with my hands. I also love to garden and that's why I need to retire -I don't have enough time now to do all the fun things I want to do.
I got into stamping in a round-about way. I started a small scrapbook about five years ago for an annual event we hosted and never expected to go much further with it. But while looking online for inspiration for layouts, I ran across blogs with cards and other paper crafts. I've never done that and it looked like fun so I bought some stamps and supplies at a craft store and made some simple cards. Then I found a Stampin' Up demonstrator who taught me a lot and the rest, as they say, is history! I was totally hooked. I found Splitcoast Stampers and studied all the galleries, learning from every card I saw and never looked back.I'm so honored to be CASE Study's Muse for October. Thank you! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Welcome, Barbara - we're thrilled have you!!
Here's the magnificent card, that we chose to work with this week:
It's a simple yet stunning CAS design, and we're sure that it will get your creative juices flowing!
Now it's time for some goodness from our fabulous Design Team:
(Cindy is taking a break this week)
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Sue prepared TWO magnificent cards for us!!!
This week's sponsor is Christina Franco, an Independent Demonstrator for The Angel Company
Here are the deets:
1. Create a paper crafting project (card, layout, off-the-page item), based on provided inspiration (being a featured creation, made by our Muse).
2. Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code CSC09), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below. Please provide a direct link to your post, not an entire blog.
3. A new challenge is being posted every Thursday at 12.01 AM EST, and you've got until the end of Tuesday to submit your entry.
4. You may enter as many times as you like, but you're asked to provide a newly designed project.
5. We will choose one winner randomly from the list of players, who will receive the prize provided by the sponsor. In addition, the authors of the four most impressive creations will be awarded the Winner and Top 3 awards.
We will announce the winners on Wednesday.
6. Above all, have fun - and be inspired!
The CASE Study Design Team